Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Old Dog, New Tricks

a.k.a. "Old Habits Die Hard"

I went to Stockton today to visit my Grandparents with my sister, Tiffini. We went out to Dim Sum lunch with my Paternal Grandparents. In the middle of lunch, I noticed my Grandfather staring at me for a few seconds. He proceeded to tell me that I don't hold/use my chopsticks correctly! Can you believe that? I've been holding my chopsticks incorrectly for nearly 35 years! He then demonstrated the "correct" way to hold them, and he kept coaching me throughout the rest of our meal.

I told him, "Grandpa! I've been holding them this way for 35 years! This is going to be a hard habit to break!"

Dick will totally laugh at this story. He's been telling me for years that I'm not "really Chinese". This will only add fuel to the fire. :)

No comments: