Friday, January 06, 2006

Celebrating Benefits with a Blast

One of the benefits of getting married?

...benefits!

I've been insured through Kaiser Permanente for the better part of the last 20 years. First, through my parents, and later as a self-employed business owner. I've been very fortunate with the care that I've received through Kaiser over the years (especially in the Neurology Department), and have been a happy member. My axial myoclonus has seemed to really stabilized over the years, and I haven't had to go to Kaiser for more than routine visits over the past 5-7 years. This is fine, but at about $200.00/month plus a $25.00 copay, this was adding up.

Because of this, I was thrilled when Dick put me on his insurance coverage through work after we got married. His insurance didn't include Kaiser, so it was time for me to go out and find some new doctors.

Today, I had my first doctor's appointment under my new benefits coverage. (yay!) It went very well. The office was conveniently located, they had off-street parking, the doctor was very nice, and they took my insurance information, gave me a prescription, and I left without having to pay anything! (imagine that!)

Today's appointment was with my new OB-GYN. I didn't need anything special - just a routine visit. After getting my annual Poke And Prod (that IS what PAP stands for, right?) I remembered that I had seen a Baskin Robbin's store on the corner!

What better way to celebrate my new insurance coverage, than with a Cappuccino Blast? That makes sense, right?

Mmmmmmmmmmmm.....Cappuccino Blast..........

No comments: