Thursday, January 26, 2006

Dear Kodak, "All is Forgiven"

Does everyone remember my drama with Kodak Easyshare Gallery (a.k.a. ofoto.com) last month?

As a follow-up, they did send my new order within the next few days, but for the record, the quality of the card wasn't much better than the first set that they had processed. Regardless, I was anxious to get my Thank You Cards out by this time, and did use and send out the second set.

In short, I got over it, and all was fine in my little world again.

The doorbell rang this morning, and FedEx had a package from Kodak EasyShare Gallery for me! I had a hunch at what it could be: when I placed my order way back in November, they had a special promotion: purchase over $100 of products from them, and receive a free Kodak EasyShare Picture Viewer. The special offer had all kinds of rules and regulations which stated that the photo cards that I ordered were not included in this promotion. Okay, that's cool. I think they outsource for the photo cards, so that would make sense.

So imagine my surprise and delight, when I discovered that it was indeed the Picture Viewer! Pretty cool. I wouldn't pay the $100 price tag to buy one, but for free? Uh, yeah! I'll take it! It'll be nice to have when we travel and want to show photos that aren't stored on our camera.

Yay!

Thanks, Kodak! You've succeeded in pursuading (bribing?) me to use your services again.

No comments: