Friday, August 25, 2017

Tiny project in the backyard

Okay, I realize this is not a big deal at all, but I'm quite pleased with myself. :)

We have a water spigot on our back deck. I had a two-way split on it to allow for a short hose that we use to fill water buckets (which I use routinely to clean up after Wallace) and a drip system on a timer for our citrus tree pots on the deck.

I recently purchased a 50-foot expanding hose by my Mom's recommendation. I have a 100 foot traditional hose connected to a water spigot in the garden level but it is a real pain to reel in after each use. The expandable hose is really convenient, light weight and so much smaller.

I was trying to figure out the best place to put the new hose. I really wanted it up on the deck, but didn't want to take away my other two devices.

Then it occurred to me that 3-way splits are probably made! I looked it up online and actually didn't find any three-way, but did find many 4-way splits.

The 4-way split just came in today, and I just set up my little system. Works like a charm, and I'm really happy with my 50' expandable hose. it's so convenient having easier access to it and it stretches all the way to the back of the yard.

No comments: