Sunday, August 20, 2017

Fundraising for the 2017 Immediate Impact Walk has Begun!

Dear Friends and Family,

Greetings from San Francisco. I hope that this finds you all well and that you have had a lovely Summer!

Many of you have asked if I would be participating in the Immediate Impact Walk again this year. The answer is: YES!

We are delayed in getting started this year, but we will indeed be having another 20-mile walking event in mid-October. We will once again be raising money for critical funds for under-served people with breast cancer in the Bay Area and metastatic disease research.

The main reason for our delay this year is that our small community of walkers is struggling with deep grief: last month, we lost one of our own to metastatic breast cancer. Sharla Fullerton had walked with our community for over nine years, was a member of our board of directors, and most importantly, was a very dear friend to all of us. We are broken hearted, and we miss Sharla terribly.

The 2017 Immediate Impact Walk will be held on Sunday, October 15th. We will be walking 20 miles around our beautiful city of San Francisco. We have already begun our training walks, but have less than two months before the big day!

My personal fundraising goal for the year is $7,500.

I thank you all for the very generous donations and for all of the support that you have given to me over the many years that I have participated in these walking events. This will be the sixth year of the Immediate Impact Walk. Our small, but mighty local walk that has raised over $500,000 in its first five years!

YOU have helped me raise over $72,000 in those five years. Let’s see how much more we can add to that with this year’s event.

I am writing to you once again to ask you for your support. Please help me raise my goal of $7,500. Any amount is appreciated, and no amount is too small (or too big!). If you are unable to donate money, that’s okay, too - I appreciate your support in any way that you are able.

Please follow the link below to visit my personal fundraising page to make a donation:

https://www.flipcause.com/secure/fundraiser/MTg1Mjg=/7970

The event is less than 2 months away, but I’ve already started training with my team over the last couple of months. We’re a little late, but we’re as dedicated as ever.

This will be my eighth year participating in breast cancer related fundraising walks. I am positive that with your support and encouragement, it’ll be another great and successful event.

As always, thank you for your support and consideration.

With Gratitude,
Trina Chow

No comments: