Monday, August 21, 2017

The Eclipse!!

I was a little late to the game and had not been able to find any Eclipse Glasses for sale in SF all last week. Last night, Dick and I made little Lin hole viewers out of cardboard.

On top of that, SF was very overcast this morning, so we figured we'd just watch the eclipse on TV.

We got super lucky!! A neighbor on NextDoor posted around 9:50 that they had extra eclipse glasses that they were giving away for free. I sent them a message, got their address, then Grace, Ali and I got into the car and zipped over to the neighbor about 1/2 mile away. We were just in time to watch the (75%) totality of the eclipse around 10:15!

I'm so glad we were able to see it. We were also lucky that the clouds didn't obstruct our view as it did in many parts of SF.

No comments: