Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Continuing on the Bradford Street Cityscape Painting

I had another painting session with Dean today to work on my latest cityscape painting. Wallace came with me again, and enjoyed helping out by playing with a couple of new toys. :)

It may not look like I did much today, but I worked the whole time on what we are considering the main focal point of the painting: the section towards the middle right of the painting, and down towards the bottom. I went building by building this time, making sure that each building was more accurate both in shape and color. I also worked a bit on the trees and street in those areas.

I've been working off a photo that I took about a year ago from the top of a hill, looking out across to this steep street. It occurred to me today that I could see other perspectives of the same street if I went to google maps on my phone. It worked like a charm! I was able to type in the address that I found from the building at the bottom right corner, and make my way up to map to the same spot where I was standing when I took the photo last year. Wild!! It was very interesting - I was able to move from side to side to see the same view, but without the tree blocking parts of the right side. I took several screenshots of different views on my phone which will allow me to see many more perspectives of the same buildings/street. I'm posting some of those screenshots here to share.














No comments: