Thursday, July 10, 2014

A day with Mom and Dad in SF

What a wonderful day with my Mom and Dad!

I flew into SFO around Noon today. My parents picked me up from the airport, then we drove into the City. We had lunch at one of our favorite spots: Miller's Deli on Polk Street. Mmmmm... Reuben Sandwich. :)


Dad and Mom at Miller's Deli

We came home and worked in the backyard. Yes, my parents continue to help me with my yard work in SF, which I still feel guilty about. They still insist that they enjoy it, and I certainly appreciate their help and enjoy spending the time with them.

Plumpacalypse 2014 has officially come to an end, and we can now say that the newly implemented net system worked!! It was a total success! Today, we picked up the last few plums off the ground, and rolled up the nets. It's the first time in our four years here that my backyard doesn't smell of fermented plums in the month of July. As my Mom said, "We tamed Plumpacalypse". :)


Our pretty backyard, without plums in the trees (or on the ground).

After we cleaned up from the yard work, we headed out to dinner in the Castro. We weren't too hungry after our big lunch today, so my Mom suggested we go to our local Taqueria for tacos. It was perfect. Yum.

I had to run a couple of local errands, so we went down to Castro Street, and I was able to show them all of the changes that have been going on lately.


Mom and Dad reading about the improvement plans on Castro Street

On our way home, as we were on 19th street, we ran into Chad! Yay! Chad is an old, dear friend that we've known for over 25 years now. He used to live at my parents house for several years while we were all in color guard, and for a few years after as well. Chad and I live less than 2 blocks away from each other, but sadly, we don't see each other often enough. It had been at least 2+ years since my parents had seen him, so it was a wonderful, serendipitous surprise!


Chad, Mom and Dad!

Such a very nice day with my parents. Thanks, Mom and Dad!! xo

No comments: