Thursday, July 24, 2014

WebTrina Stikes Again: Bargains at Banana Republic

So, while I was at the Bellevue Arts Museum today, it started to downpour. I made the rookie move when I left home of believing my iPhone (liePhone) when it told me that the rain had stopped for the day. So, there I was wearing a white t-shirt, no jacket, and no umbrella. Rather than brave the wet and chilly weather home, I decided to cross the street and kill some time in the mall. I figured my chances of the rain stopping while I was in the mall was decent.

I've been looking for some summer tops that are casual, but nicer than my basic t-shirts. I had found a really nice sweater/tank at Banana Republic earlier this month, and wanted to see if they had any other colors. I had received an email this morning from them stating that if you spent $100 in store, or online, you would get $50 off. I also saw a sign at the front of the Banana Republic store in the mall stating that all sale items were an additional 40% off today.

I went around the store, actually found quite a few items. I got a pair of shorts, another sweater/tank in a different color, and four cotton shirts that all fit the bill of being slightly nicer than t-shirts. Six items total. All of them were on sale.

So, went I went to the register, I asked if I understood correctly. First, I started with, "are all items that are on sale an additional 40% off?" The reply was, "Yes, and they are all applied to the $50 off if you spend more than $100".

:-o !!!

I was pretty sure that my items, on sale, with the additional 40% off would total around $100, but I knew it would be close. In the end, the sub-total for my six items was $100.75.

So, yes, take an additional $50 off of that, and my new subtotal was $50.75.

After tax, $55.57.

I walked out of Banana Republic with SIX items for $55.00.

Unbelievable!

I haven't had a bargain shopping experience like this in a very long time.

Score!


my receipt from today's bargain shopping

BTW: I just checked the email I got this morning sale goes through tomorrow, 7/26 online or in stores. Enter code BRTAKE50 at checkout.

No comments: