Saturday, June 21, 2014

My seconds glassybaby seconds sale!

This morning, I brought my parents to the glassybaby seconds sale! It's my second time to a glassybaby seconds sale (I went with Paula in January). They are held twice a year - usually in January and June. They have all of their glassybaby with slight imperfections available for sale at a discounted price. The glassybaby seconds are sold for $28 (versus $44) and the drinkers are $35 (versus $55). My parents had made their flight reservation a few months ago, and I told them there was a chance that their visit would coincide with the seconds sale. (glassybaby usually announces the dates only a couple of weeks before.)

As luck would have it, the sale was today! We braved the traffic (the 520 bridge is closed all weekend, and the Seattle Rock-n-Roll marathon is going to Mercer Island, which is jamming up traffic on the 90 bridge). The sale started at 8:00am (many people wait in line very early in the morning, some even spending the night. I heard from a friend/employee of glassybaby that the first people got in line at 5:30 yesterday afternoon!)

Traffic wasn't too bad. We arrived right after 10:00, and were surprised to find out that there wasn't a line. The room wasn't nearly as packed at the same time as it was in January, which was a pleasant surprise. It was busy, for sure, but not too difficult to get around and see everything. The employees were constantly pulling out more merchandise, so the tables were still completely full.

Going to glassybaby is always such a nice experience for me. I consider it my "Cheers" - it's where everyone knows my name. :) It's so nice to go and see so many of the employees that I have met and become friends with over the last couple of years. I even had a chance to introduce the founder of glassybaby, Lee Rhodes, to my parents.

My Dad was a real trooper. He'll do anything once, just for the experience. He walked around carrying the box for my Mom, so she could put her possible buys in there while she was shopping around. After we had done the first sweep, we found a corner that was quiet and sorted through our finds until we made our final decisions.

As always, I thought I'd buy one or two, so I don't think I did too bad with coming home with three. :)
I went in thinking I might buy one or two neutral colors, as I don't have many.

My Mom bought five, plus one for a friend who had requested a very specific color (we were happy that we were able to find one!)

It sure was fun experiencing a seconds sale with my parents. Glad they were able to be here for another only-in-Seattle adventure!


Mom and Dad, outside the glassybaby store - ready to go!


the lovely Annjette greeting us at the front of the seconds sale


lots of glassybaby seconds shoppers


glassybaby seconds


more seconds


Trina and Mom, in the checkout line - our boxes are not full!


Dad and Mom visiting with Mary


outside the store, after we've made our purchases


My purchases of the day - pretty neutral colors


Mom's purchases from the day

1 comment:

Marleah said...

I see mine!!!