Thursday, December 08, 2011

Glassybaby Fundraiser for the Susan G Komen 3-Day for the Cure



Yesterday evening, I hosted my first fundraising event for the 2012 Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure. This will be my third year participating in the 3-Day. It is also the 10 Year Anniversary of my team, the Warming Hut Hotties. Last year, I raised $7,855.00. This year, I'm upping my goal to a whopping $10,000.

I've been a fan of the company glassybaby for a few years now ever since my friend, Paula, moved to the Seattle area and brought one to me me as a gift. I have bought one or two additional glassybaby in the years that followed, including more as gifts, but this year, after moving into our new home, I really got the glassybaby bug.

One thing I love about the glassybaby company is their goodwill efforts. They have donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to various charities and organizations over the years, and often host events benefiting specific causes.

I spoke with them when I was at a glassybaby event in October about the possibility of hosting an event with them to go towards my fundraising for the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure. They were immediately interested, and we talked about the possibility of hosting an event next Spring or Summer.

They contacted me later that week asking if I would be interested in doing a Holiday event in late November/early December. After a lot of back-and-forthing, we came around to having a fundraiser event at my house on Wednesday, December 7th.

The event started at 5:00, and the glassybaby van pulled in front of my house around 3:00. Over the next two hours, the glassybaby team unloaded hundreds of glassybaby from the van, and filled my house with their beautiful vessels of glass. It was really an astonishing process to watch.

The evening was a great success! I had slightly fewer people come than I was originally expecting, but those who did come seem to have thoroughly enjoyed the products. 10% of all sales from last night's fundraiser will go towards my fundraising efforts. Last night, we raised almost $400 towards my fundraising.

Glassybaby is also being extraordinarily generous by offering me an online promotional code to share with friends who were not able to come, or who live out of the area. 10% from the sales of each Glassybaby bought online by my friends will also be donated to my fundraising account! If you're interested, please visit the glassybaby website and type in the promotion code "3day" (one word, no quotes) when you check out. Orders must be placed between December 8th and December 31st. Their website also offers free shipping.

It was a wonderful evening with friends, family, light and giving.

I took several photos from the evening - it was really pretty amazing to see hundreds of glassybaby fill my house and backyard with beautiful light. I wish I could keep them all! ;)

Many, many thanks to all who came. It was a lovely evening, and I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did.

My thanks and gratitude to the Glassybaby company for being so being such a delight to work with, and for being so generous towards my cause. The event last night went so well that we are hoping to do another in the late Spring or Summer!



The Glassybaby Van comes to my house!


Unloading the Glasybaby boxes


The main display in the dining room
(we also showed a video of how glassybaby are made)



The backyard
(my favorite, I think)







I showed Linda's DVD slideshow of the 2011 3-Day




The backyard lit at night


The fabulous Glassybaby team!

No comments: