Sunday, October 16, 2011

Glassy Baby Glassblowing Event

Yesterday, I flew to Seattle so that I could attend a special Glassybaby event with Paula in the evening. The event benefited the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance.

The benefit Included one-on-one demonstration with a Glassybaby artist, teaching you how to create your choice of a paperweight, dish, ornament or a cup.

It also included a demonstration by three Glassybaby artists showing how a single Glassybaby is made. This Glassybaby was raffles off at the end of the evening - we didn't win. :)

We also had wine, and tasty treats!

Oh, and our cost of admission also included a Glassybaby. (because I need another!) ;)

Paula and I had a great time. What a fun evening. We were so glad that we had this opportunity to go, learn and participate in the process of how our favorite hand blown glass objects are made.

PS- by looking at the photos, it looks like my Glassybaby demonstrator did all the work! I obviously couldn't take any photos of myself working with molten glass, but I promise that he did have me do a decent amount, and I really enjoyed it!!

Oh, I chose to make a cup. I wasn't able to take a photo of it before it went into the machine to cool for a few days before they ship it to me. Photos later. :)

1 comment:

Miguel Ulloa said...

That is an awesome trip! Can't wait to see the cup.