Thursday, August 05, 2010

glassybaby


glassybaby!

My friend, Paula, turned me on to this Seattle-based company a couple of years ago when she brought me a white glassybaby as a gift.

I love these little beauties.

Here's a nice description of what a glassbaby is from their website:

A glassybaby is physically a small, colored, glass cup, candleholder, or vase. But the light of a candle coming through a glassybaby generates more; it gives warmth to a cold day, a calm token of peace in the busy world.

There are three stores in the Seattle area, and one in New York. We went to the store in Madrona today, where we were able to watch the glassblowers make the glassybabys. (glassybabies?) Pretty cool.


birth of a glassybaby


glassybaby studio

I bought my sister a glassybaby as a birthday gift earlier this year. She really loved it, so I wanted to pick her up another one while I was here.

Here are a few that we were deciding between. (she already has a light blue one, similar to the one shown here.)


which one came home with me?

No comments: