Friday, April 22, 2011

Chicken & Waffles!!



One of the guys in Dick's group at work is quite a foodie. He offered to make Chicken and Waffles as one of the cafeteria options for the company today. Dick told me about this last week, and asked if I wanted to join him for lunch today.

"Chicken & Waffles? I love Chicken & Waffles! Yes, Please!"

It was pretty amazing. Apparently, this guy has a side business, with a booth at the ForageSF Underground Market where he sells his amazing Chicken & Waffles. He sells under the name "Angry Man Eats". Check it out!

Now, I've had Chicken & Waffles a couple of time, including at a place actually called "Chicken & Waffles"! This was, by far, the very best chicken and waffles I've ever had!! The chicken was white meat strips, that were so moist, tasty and perfectly crispy. The waffles were made of a more dough than a batter. Really yummy!

To top it off, it also came with an option of a side of Macaroni and Cheese!

Seriously, this was Food-Heaven for me! Fried Chicken, Waffles and Mac & Cheese!

Clearly, this is quite a hit with the work crew. We got in line right before it opened at 11:30. When we left the cafeteria around 11:50, the line was easily 50 people deep!


Chicken & Waffles Counter


Paul, the Chicken & Waffles Guy


The line (it was longer, but wouldn't fit in my viewer!) at 11:50am

Apparently, this guy has served Chicken & Waffles a couple of other times at the cafeteria. I have no idea why he never told me about it before!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Trina, glad you loved your lunch, and thanks for the great write-up!