Sunday, February 10, 2008

Walking on Sunshine...

...and don't it feel good?

The weather this weekend was absolutely gorgeous. I'm guessing low 60s, which is just perfect, especially considering all of the rain and cold we've had lately.

We made it out of the house both days to enjoy the sunshine. Yesterday, we took a walk around the neighborhood, and down towards Dolores Park. The park was packed full of people - you can just tell that everyone was just craving to be outside in the fresh air. Dick and I walked down 18th Street to have a snack at Bakery Tartine. Yum. As we walked down 18th, I laughed when I noticed the incredibly long line outside of the Bi-Rite Ice Creamery. Clearly, this was the first warm, sunny day we've had all year, because people were standing in a line 20 people deep for ice cream! :)

Today, we walked over 17th Street, and up to Buena Vista Park. I love this park. It's so spacious, and woodsy. It makes you forget that you're in the middle (quite literally) of a big, urban City.

I took these pictures during our urban hike, because I thought it made it look like we were "hiking" somewhere outside of the City.



This is one that I took at the top of the Park. You can see The Golden Gate Bridge in the distance.




This weekend was also the first time all year that I was able to open all the windows, and let the house air out. It's nice turn the heater off, and let in some fresh air.

Looks like we'll be enjoying weather like this all week long!

No comments: