Saturday, February 09, 2008

The day I made par on a 3 hole!!!

Mark this day.

I started playing golf about a month ago. Dick has been playing about a year and really wanted me to pick it up. I admit, I hesitated a bit because, you know... It's golf. Nothing against golf at all, it's simply not a sport that I ever saw myself playing. (Because I play so many sports. :)

I went to the driving range twice, using Lora's old clubs that she loaned me. I did okay- better than I thought I would. Dick was so excited that we bought a set of clubs (and cute shoes!) for me.

I tried my new clubs at the driving range about three more times before braving Golden Gate Golf Course last week.

I did fine- not bad in my book for a beginner- I was hitting 6-8 swings on every hole. I'll take that.

Today I went out with Dick, Andy & Aditya. (previously, I'd only
braved playing with Dick). It was my third time out on a course.

I played my regular 6-8/hole (still happy with that!) but today, miraculously, on the third hole, I made par!!!!

That's 3 swings!!!!

I'm reveling in the moment, as i'm not expecting for that to happen again anytime soon! :)

No comments: