Friday, February 15, 2008

My morning at SF City Hall

This morning, I made a quick trip to SF City Hall. I wanted to pick up a SF Resident Golf Card. Now that I'm (apparently) playing golf, this is something that can save me a ton of money in the long end.

I took MUNI to the Civic Center Station (and actually had a nice visit with my neighbor, Michael, along the way). I arrived at City Hall right before 10:00. It was really gorgeous out, all sunny and clear. I think City Hall is such a beautiful building - plus, I got to watch a bunch of senior citizens practicing Tai-Chi in front of City Hall.

As I walked through City Hall, I saw a wedding being performed under the rotunda. :) (There was another one happening when I left 10 minutes later.)

Anyhow, I finally made my way to the cashier to get my resident Golf Club. (Aditya, have you gotten yours yet?) It was quick and simple, but unfortunately, I forgot that I'd have to take a picture for it - not a pretty thing at 10:00am if you're not expecting it!

While I was there, I remembered to ask if I could also buy a SF Parking Meter Card. I've been meaning to look into this for quite some time now. I don't drive and park in the City very often, but when I do, I'm reminded of how expensive meter parking is, and how many quarters is takes! It's usually 10 minutes per quarter - that adds up fast, and you're lucky if you have enough change. These new(ish) debit cards allow you to just insert the card into the meter, and it deducts the amount automatically - no change required. They sell them in increments of $20 and $50.



So, that was my morning. Very productive. (Especially since Dick and I went out to the driving range at 8:00 this morning.) I even made it home in time for my Fed-Ex delivery! (With 10 minutes to spare!)

Now, on with the rest of the day!

No comments: