Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Goodnight, Moon.

As I've mentioned before, it's not unusual for me to wake up in the middle of the night.

This morning, I woke up around 1:50am. I figured I might as well get up to watch the lunar eclipse.

The eclipse started at 1:51am, and became total at 2:52am. (how handy for me!)

I put on my robe and slippers, and stepped out to watch from in front of my house. (grabbing my trusty, rusty camera along the way, of course)

I stayed outside for the entire hour. It was pretty cool. It was very clear and still out tonight, and I was actually able to watch the motion of the eclipse easily. It helped having my camera to document it. (not the most professional photos in the world, but it certainly gets the point across.)

For the record, my neighborhood is very quiet (but well lit) at 2:00-3:00am.

No comments: