Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Early Bird in the Sleepy City

My Dad spent the night at our house last night. He had to be somewhere in the City at 6:30am this morning. Figured it would be a lot easier to go from here than to drive up from the South Bay in the very early morning.

I woke up to drive him. We left the house at 6:10am, as the sun was rising. Along the way, we stopped at the bagel shop on Castro Street. I think it opens at 6:00. We were there so early that they didn't even have the bagels in the display case yet. (But my Dad's bagel was piping hot!)


empty bagel shop

I told my Dad that San Francisco is a very sleepy City. We always notice this when we come home from vacation, and we're up earlier than usual. If you're out before 7:00, you'll hardly see any activity at all in our neighborhood.

San Francisco is a Sleepy Town for such a big city. We go to bed early (you'll be pressed to find a restaurant open past 11:00pm) and wake up late.


Castro St. @ 6:15am

No comments: