Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Running my Roomba Ragged

GO, little robot, GO!

I mentioned in an earlier post that I got a new Dyson vacuum cleaner, and that I'm completely in love with it. I mentioned in that same post that I also got a Roomba, but at the time of that post, it was still charging, and I hadn't tried it out yet.

I've been looking at the Roomba for several years now, and just recently had a couple of friends who bought them, and raved about them. I noticed that Costco.com was having a $50 off sale, so I bit the bullet, and ordered one.

1.5 weeks later, and after many uses already, I can safely say: I love my Roomba. It's fantastic. I've run the poor thing ragged already. Monday morning, I had it clean the upstairs of the house, and by the time it was finishing up the office, (the last room, and more than 2 hours after it started) it was out of juice, and simply couldn't sweep up one more particle of dust. I had to bring it back to it's home base to charge.

This is a fantastic little device: it's a robot that will vacuum your house!

In theory, you're supposed to be able to turn it on, leave it alone, and get on with your day. I have to admit that I often find myself oddly mystified by this robotic creature cleaning my house. I've found myself following it and watching it for several minutes at a time. I assume my fascination will wear off, and hopefully, I'll get back to having a life eventually.

Just like the Dyson, I'm simultaneously amazed and grossed-out whenever I finish using it, and empty its dust bin. I can't believe how much dust/dirt/cat hair/trina hair/etc., it's picking up.

I can't believe I'm so excited about my two new vacuuming devices.
I think I have a problem.

At least my house is clean.

No comments: