Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Oh, the irony

While my Mom and I were at a Bed Bath & Beyond yesterday, I showed her the Dyson and the Roomba. We noticed that the Roomba had a mail-in rebate form that would get you a free iRobot Dirt Dog Floor Sweeping Robot. The coupon in the store was only good if you bought the Roomba at BB&B.

Apparently, it got my mom thinking, and today she searched the web and found 2 rebates - one for the free Dirt Dog, and the other for a free replenishment kit. (Filter, brushes, etc.,)

They were both really great rebates, and I totally qualified!

I read each one to see what I needed to do:
-fill out the form
-send a copy of the dated receipt
-send the original proof of purchase/UPC number from the bottom of the box
-send this all within 30 days of purchase

Like I said, I totally qualify, but here's the kicker:

In an effort to streamline the organization/cleanliness of our home, I immediately recycled the boxes for both my Roomba, and my Dyson. This was less than one week ago!

Now in order to fully appreciate the irony of this situation, you should know that our basement is full of old electronic boxes. Dick and I used to both be in the habit of keeping electronic boxes, thinking you may need to return/use them someday. Well, that rarely happens, so I've recently decided that I don't need to keep boxes anymore, and that I should just recycle them immediately.

I hate it when I try to be organized, and it bites me in the ass.

No comments: