Friday, June 08, 2007

Just Desserts

I just read this article on sfgate.com about my favorite local bakery chain.

Just Desserts was originally a San Francisco based bakery/chain which was started in 1974. 4 years ago they had filed for bankruptcy and were bought out by a group of investors. The article says that the company is doing very well again, under the new owners.

I'm really happy to hear this, because I've always been such a fan of their products. They make my absolutely favorite carrot cake (YUM!).

On a funny side note, our wedding cake was from Just Desserts! Again, I've always loved their cakes, but they also had a cake design that I had seen and I've always loved. (just look at their logo!)

When Dick asked me to marry him, the only thing I knew that I wanted for our wedding was a cake from Just Desserts. I think I even mentioned it to him that first weekend. The funny part of the story is that he didn't know Just Desserts made actual wedding cakes. He thought I wanted to just buy a bunch of regular round cakes. :) He still said, "Sure, Sweetie. Whatever you want!"

Some girls think about their wedding day well before they ever have a reason to start planning. They know what kind of dress they want, what kind of flowers, what kind of ring.... I'd never thought of any of these things. The only thing that I knew I wanted? The cake! :) (and it's so far from "traditional".)

...and that's the story of our wedding cake! (Which I'm still in love with!)


Mmmmm..... cake!

No comments: