Sunday, February 04, 2018

WGI Geekfest

While most of the country is watching the Super Bowl today, I had over some guard friends for some good old fashioned guard geeking. My friend, Sueann, marched Union HS '86-'88. Until she went to WGI last year, she had not seen any guard shows since 1988!! I busted out my DVD collection (which is almost as complete as my VHS collection used to be) which mostly covers the early 80s through mid-90s. I also borrowed several DVDs from Michael Gaines and Carol Abohatab so we could have some representation from the 2000s. We had so much fun watching old school color guard, but didn't make it very far. We mostly watched favorites from '81 (Cavaliers!) through the early '90s. So many great shows, so little time.  We'll have to plan another gathering soon so we can make it to the current century!! 


I also had enough food for at least 20 people, so we didn't get very far through that either. Plus, Philip brought over all the ingredients to introduce me to A Frito Pie. As I was the only one from the group who didn't grow up in the South, he thought I should be introduced to it. 


Thanks so much for coming over Sueann, Philip and Eddie!! Looking forward to doing this again soon!!!

















No comments: