Friday, February 02, 2018

New boxwoods

Yesterday, I saw that someone on my Nextdoor App was giving away a few mature boxwood shrubs that they were removing from their backyard.

I have a spot in front of our house that is one foot wide and 6 feet long. I have twice tried putting smaller shrubs in that space but they always died. I probably need to water them more often. I often forget about the front of the house plants.

That little pace has been empty for at least a couple of years, except for the weeds that I occasionally remember to pull.

Anyhow, I was hoping I could get the boxwoods from the neighbor to plant in that space.

I picked up two yesterday afternoon. I was able to fit them in my MINI, which is impressive because they were larger than I was expecting.

My parents would be quite surprised to know that I took a shovel to that space today, weeded the area, and planted my two new boxwoods!! They look really good there. I left a message with the original poster on NextDoor to ask if he had any left, because o realized that one more would fit quite well. He never returned my message, so I assume the rest were all taken. Too bad, but I'm happy with the two I have, and I'm pretty sure that with a little TLC, they should grow and will hopefully be happy here.

No comments: