Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Chad, Peonies, Grandma and Dim Sum

I started my day off with a quick breakfast with my friend, Chad! Chad and I met in 1989 in Dayton, OH, and he lived with my family in Milpitas for several years. He only lives a block away from my home in San Francisco. We don't see each other very often, but I'm very glad we were both able to squeeze in a quick visit this morning.


Breakfast with Chad

I also went to Stockton today to visit my Grandma Chow. It was a long-overdue visit, as my last two planned visits had been cancelled at the last-minute. My parents came to Stockton today as well, which was really nice.

My Grandma's Peonies in the front yard were in full bloom today, and looked absolutely gorgeous. I don't think I've ever seen them so abundant and beautiful. Apparently, the flowers only last a few days, so I'm very lucky to have seen them. After my Grandpa Chow passed away a few years ago, I learned that Peonies were his favorite flower. Grandma cut a couple of large ones and brought them inside next to Grandpa's photo.


Grandma's Peonies


Grandma and her peonies


Grandpa's corner


Dad and Mom during our Dim Sum Lunch

On my way back to San Francisco from Stockton, I stopped in Oakland for a visit and dinner with my Sis and Graham. We went to one of our favorite places: Rudy's Can't Fail Cafe. We all ordered the tuna melt, as usual, and it was delicious, as it always is. I forgot to take a photo - too bad! Thanks, Sis and Graham, for the fun visit!!

No comments: