Saturday, November 16, 2013

Moo.

A long time ago (April, 2009 to be exact) my friend, Sheri, sent me a gift card for my birthday. It was specifically to be used at a new (at the time) company called moo.com to have pretty new business cards made. It was a really thoughtful and excellent gift!

Well, I'm embarrassed to say that I never took the time to make those cards - for no good reason, really. I always remembered that I had the gift card, but never got around to doing it...

...until last week!

Actually, it was because of a day at Disneyland with this same friend, Sheri, last week that I was re-motivated! Sheri, and my other friend, Terri reconnected that day. They both live in Burbank, and exchanged cards so that they could stay in contact. It was then that I realize that a) I'm not in the habit of carrying a business/calling card with me, and b) I don't really have a suitable card to give.

Last week, I finally logged onto moo.com and ordered my first set of business/calling cards from them! The process was pretty great - one of the things that moo.com offers that (I believe) is different from most business card companies is that I can submit multiple images to use on the back of the cards. For example, I have 10 images of different paintings that I'd like to feature, one per card. I ordered 100 cards, and have 10 each of each image. The contact info on the other side is the same, and only needed to be entered once.

I received the cards in the mail today, and I'm certainly pleased with the quality of both the card stock, as well as the color images. (color on both sides.) They turned out really nice!

I bought a small, thin business card carrying case that I could keep in my purse. In the past my business cards used to get smooshed and tattered in my wallet. Now that my new cards will have their own little case, they'll be protected and will look much more presentable. :)

Thank you, Sheri, for the Birthday present of 4+ years ago! It went to good use, and I'm thrilled! Sorry it took me so long!


the individual paintings on one side of the cards


the contact side of the card

No comments: