Sunday, November 03, 2013

Vacation of visiting old friends, Part 4: Matt!

Today is the day of fabulously long meals with great conversation.

I'm in Burbank now, and just retuned from a four hour dinner with my dear friend, Matt. Believe it or not, we had not seen each other in TWENTY years!!! We had a LOT to catch up on over those four hours. :)

Matt worked with State Street Review during my last year there in 1993. I believe that was the first time we met, and really hit it off quickly. My sister, Matt and I did a lot together that year.

Matt was the Master of Fabric. He could create anything out of a bolt of fabric. I think I still have the black faux velvet mock turtleneck that he whipped up for me 20 years ago. :) Matt helped design and make our uniforms that year, plus created many of our props. His artistic talent always amazed me, so it's no surprise that he was able to take that talent and create a successful career out of it in Southern California.

I first reconnected with Matt over Facebook a few years ago, and was so happy to "find" him again. He was another person who I knew I would someday be in touch with again, even if it took decades. I'm so glad that we were finally able to see each other tonight. Some friendships are so deep rooted - even twenty years can't change that.

Matt has participated as a rider in the AIDS Life Cycle Ride (Biking from SF to LA in 7 days) for the last two years. We enjoyed comparing notes about each of our events and experiences.

I am SO proud of Matt for all that he has accomplished and overcome over the last 20 years, and was so happy to be able to give him a big hug again.

Thank you for the wonderful evening, Matt. It was so good to see you again. xo

No comments: