Sunday, October 09, 2011

Fleet Week!

It's Fleet Week here in San Francisco!

One more perk of our new house that I hadn't even thought of before is that we have a nice view to see the Fleet Week Air Show!

The Blue Angles practiced Thursday and Friday, and the full show was on Saturday and Sunday from 1:00-5:00. (although, Sunday's Blue Angel show was apparently cut short due to the fog.)

I enjoyed watching the Blue Angels rehearse on Thursday and Friday, but Dick and I had an especially nice time watching the full show with David and Miguel on Saturday from our balcony.

Considering I only lived a block down the street for the past 13 years (but with no view of downtown) I think it's amazing that I never knew that the planes actually fly near or around our neighborhood quite a bit.

I took a few photos - both of downtown, and a couple of the planes as they were nearer to our house.









And let's not forget that Fleet Week weekend means it's also the anniversary of "F.I.L.T.S."! Who better to share it with than David and Miguel (and Christopher, but he was at the gym.)?!

No comments: