Friday, October 14, 2011

Voicemail converted to text ha-ha.

We use Comcast/Xfinity for our home phone. One feature that I've been using for a few years is that if someone leaves a voice-mail message, I automatically receive an email notification with the phone number, and length of the message. It's very handy, as I access email from my cell phone, and know when I've missed a call.

Earlier this week, I got this message:

Did you know that you can now have your voicemails converted to text and included in this notification? You can also include an audio file of your voicemail. With 'readable voicemail' never miss a voicemail again.

Very cool! Now I can read my voicemail messages, and listen to them easily (without having to call in, and punch in codes, or go to another website) directly from my cell phone or computer.

So, I've turned on both features - the voicemail converted to text, and the audio file.

For the most part, it has worked well, but I got a message yesterday that cracked me up.

Here's the converted message that I received over email:

"Hey sunshine it's Sharon. I'm waiting for a phone call mind a little number-the-when(?) you called so I have skype-on-you-happen-to-the(?) office..."

LOL!

I read the text, and thought, "What?! I have a couple of friends named Sharon, and neither of them ever calls me 'Sunshine'."

So then, I listened to the audio file.

Here's what the actual message was:

"Hey, phone tag. Your turn. Um, I’m waiting for a phone call on my mobile number – the one that you called, so I have Skype on if you happen to call...."

Good thing I can access that audio file easily! :)

No comments: