Saturday, October 08, 2005

It's the 10th Annual...

Okay - wedding things aside.

Ten years ago, on this weekend (Fleet Week/Columbus Day) Christopher and David (who was visiting from San Antonio then, but moved to SF the next year) were hanging out in my apartment on Leavenworth Street. I was out in Chinatown for Dim Sum with my friend, Alice.

Christopher and David were unfamiliar with Fleet Week, and they didn't know about the Blue Angels. They were taking a nap in the early afternoon, and were startled awake by the sounds of the jets. Of course, they didn't that they were jets - they thought we were getting bombed!

I eventually came home, they relayed the story, I explained the situation, and we all had a good laugh.

We immediately dubbed the weekend : "F*ck it, Life's too short" Weekend, and we've been celebrating it every year since.

It's a bit ironic that Dick and I got engaged on that weekend last year, and that we're getting married on it this year :)

The weekend has a whole new meaning now :)

Happy F*ck It, Life's Too Short Weekend, everyone!

No comments: