Sunday, October 30, 2011

Creep 'O Rama 2011

Another year, another Creep 'O Rama! We had a great time initiating the new house into our tradition. Turns out, this is the 10th Halloween Party that Dick and I have thrown together. How about that?

We had many Creep 'O Rama regulars, some friends who haven't been able to make it for several years, and many first-timers as well. I think we had around 40 people in total.

It was really fun decorating the new house, and thinking of new things to do with our stuff. We have a decent sized lawn in our backyard, so we were able to make a haunted cemetery for the very first time! :)


Halloween Backyard by day


Halloween Backyard by night

We turned our dining room into a haunted dungeon...


Haunted Dungeon - where the food is ;)

...and had a couple of new effects around the house.



Dick and I dressed as "Chow Fun" and "Chow Mein".
(The correct pronunciation is "Chow Men", versus "Chow Main")



These costumes turned out to be great. I confess that I didn't make them, though that was my original plan when I thought of the idea last year. Then, I found out that I could buy them pre-made (and much better quality than I could ever do) right off of amazon.com! :)

It was a gorgeous, warm night - probably in the mid-60s, so we were able to open the party up onto the deck, and out to the backyard. So wonderful! We also took a stroll around Castro street around Midnight, and caught the tail end of the party down there.

It was a very fun evening, as always. Thanks to all who came!!!

No comments: