Monday, June 06, 2011

We've surpassed the $3K Milestone!

MY PROGRESS

Goal: $5,000.00
Achieved: $3,170.00

Wonderful news! With the support of all of my sponsors, we have surpassed the $3,000 milestone towards my fundraising goal.

As of this moment, we've raised $3,170.00 so far.


I now qualify for the 3K Legacy Pin, which I will receive on the first day of the event. I will wear it proudly!

The walk is the second weekend of September, so we still have about 3 months to raise more money. I've set my goal for $5,000 this year.

I confess that I wasn't able to train for most of the month of May. You may have heard that my husband, Dick, broke his patella about 5 weeks ago. He had surgery to repair it (it had broken into 4 pieces) on May 6th, and is still recovering. I've been staying at home as often as possible to help him get around, or to help him with anything that he may need. His recovery is going very well now. He's still in an immobilizer (probably for another 1-2 weeks) but is able to get around without crutches now. He's been able to work from home, but hasn't been into the office in over a month.

Since Dick is a little bit more mobile now, I planned to start training again this past Saturday. Unfortunately, the training walk with my team was rained out. My new plan is to join them this weekend for a 16-mile walk on Saturday, followed by a 12-mile walk on Sunday. Nothing like jumping right back in!

Thank you again to all of my sponsors for your continued generosity and support!
I'm keeping all of you with me as I continue this journey.

If you haven't already done so, please consider sponsoring me for the 3-Day for the Cure.

No comments: