Tuesday, June 07, 2011

The best day in 5 weeks


Dick's first day back at work!

Dick and I both had a really nice day today. In fact, it was the best day we've had in the 5 weeks! 5 Weeks ago today was when Dick broke his patella. He's been recovering quite well from the surgery, but has been staying at home ever since. (with the exception of the 3 trips we made to the doctor's office for follow-up exams, and one trip to La Taqueria last week, when Dick had a craving for a taco!) He's doing well, and has been able to work from home via his computer. (ah, the wonders of modern day technology!) He's been keeping up on emails, and has been able to participate in meetings via video conferencing. He's been able to keep up with work, but he gets quite tired by the end of the day. Between that, and that he's still wearing his leg immobilizer, he's not quite ready to go back to work full time yet.

Dick had an important meeting at work today that he really didn't miss, and one the he much preferred to be there in person versus via his computer. The meeting was from 1-4pm today, and he had another meeting scheduled at 11:00am.

I drove him to his office in Mountain View and got him in right before 11:00. (He still can't drive since he's still in the immobilizer. He's allowed to take the immobilizer off while he is sitting, but he's not supposed to put pressure on his knee when he's not wearing it.) I helped him get up to his office, and everyone was so happy to see him.

I spent the early afternoon down in Milpitas visiting my parents. We had lunch at our favorite sushi place (something else I've been craving this past month!) and had a really nice visit. Our favorite Mexican restaurant is in Milpitas, and my Mom reminded me that Tuesdays (today!) is the day that they serve Cilantro Chicken - Dick's favorite! So, before I went back to pick Dick up from work, I dropped by Baja Cactus and brought back dinner for tonight!

Dick's day at work went really well, but he was really tired by the time I picked him up. He plans to work from home for the rest of the week. He has another doctors appt Friday afternoon, so we'll see how it goes from there.

We made some cocktails when we got home, and sat down to eat our yummy dinner. (Which, seriously - was my favorite meal of the last 5 weeks!)

To top it off, I got a phone call tonight from some friends with good news.

All in all, a very nice day. It was nice to be out and about again.

Bonus: there were no dead birdies when I got back home today. :)

What a nice day!

2 comments:

Miguel Ulloa said...

Yay! Glad he was able to atleast check into the office.

Spencer said...

So glad he is doing better. xoxo