Thursday, August 26, 2010

$5,000!!!!

We did it!!


Goal: $5,000.00
Achieved: $5,005.00

This morning, with the support of all of my generous sponsors, we surpassed my fund-raising goal of $5,000.00!!!

This is such a huge milestone, and I am so grateful to all of you who have contributed towards my fund-raising efforts. You are all amazing, and I am continuously humbled by your generosity.

You have all inspired me to do my very best as I continue to train for the big event, which is only 5 weeks away.

So far, I have logged in almost 100 training miles with my fellow participants, which does not include the workouts and more moderate training that I do on my own.

This weekend, I will attempt to complete my first Back-to-Back weekend: 20-miles on Saturday, followed by another 20-miles on Sunday! Wish me luck!



I just received an email from the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure informing me that I will now be presented with this $5,000 pin, which I will proudly wear during the event.

I still have 5 more weeks before the big event to continue my training and my fund-raising. There is no limit to the amount of money that we can raise to help in the fight against breast cancer.

Thank you all again for your incredible support and generosity.

You've filled my heart and you've inspired me.

I am honored to be representing all of you when I walk in October.

No comments: