Friday, April 30, 2010

Blog Changes

Well, hello there! You've found the new blog! Fantastic.

So, I did a bit of research today, and decided to stick with Blogger for a little while to see how this new system works for me. I can't use FTP to save my files on my server anymore, but I can export my blog files, so that may work well enough. We'll see.

In the meantime, I've changed the template of my blog. I've used the last template since I started blogging way back in August, 2003. I think it was time for a change.

I chose a simple white template (Dick said, "well, it's white..") so I can keep it simple and clean. It'll also allow me to play more freely with the colors, and design, and I can add some images without clashing. :)

One of the nice things about making this switch is that now I have access to more templates, and a lot more options. I can put an image in as my header now, and I can finally add widgets (like a search function, labels, and my favorite: a cascade blog archive list!)

I've done away with my old haloscan/echo comments. When I started blogging, blogger didn't offer comments yet, and now they do. It was getting confusing having both, plus I had to pay for haloscan/echo.

So, all-in-all, a pretty easy transition. I may be playing with it more in the near future, but it'll work for now.

Any comments or suggestions? Let me know! :)

No comments: