Tuesday, October 06, 2009

My new pink/grey gorilla-feet shoes


Pink Gorilla Feet!

You may remember that a couple of months ago, Dick and I each purchased Vibram Fivefingers shoes - the ones that make our feet look like gorilla feet.

It turned out that the pair I bought were one size too small, so I had to return them. The store apparently sells out quickly, and doesn't always have much inventory in stock. They were sold out of my size, and gave me store credit. I went back in today, to see which style/colors, if any, they had available today.

My choice: pink/grey or bright blue.

This style (called "sprint") is slightly different from what Dick got - there's no additional material covering the top of the feet. It made it easier for me to get in and out of them, which I like, and I *think* make them slightly less gorilla-like. :)

So, I got the pink/grey pair, figuring they were slightly more neutral than the bright blue. (Pink shoes?! Gasp!) I might have to start calling myself "Magilla Gorilla". ;)

I'm wearing them around the house now, trying to get used to them. so far, so good.
SFgate.com had this interesting article yesterday about the shoes. It was actually what reminded me to go back to the store to see if I could get another pair. :)

No comments: