Saturday, July 21, 2007

I can't believe I'm blogging instead of reading right now...

but I had to share my funny experience...


countdown! T minus 1 hour

Check the time. (12:29am)
I just returned from picking up my copy of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

My sister and I met at the Borders Books in Union Square around 11:00pm. Unfortunately, we must have missed all of the planned events (costume contest, trivia, etc.,) and were only in time for a raffle, and to watch hundreds of people hang around a 4-story book store. Not terribly exciting, to tell you the truth. We decided to leave around 11:40pm, when they started saying that people should line up by the escalators by the order of their ticket number. My sister had pre-ordered her book online, and I was planning on buying mine at my local Safeway on the way back from the Borders event. We figured that it wouldn't be all that interesting to watch a bunch of people line up and wait.


a small part of the crowd at Borders


The boxed books at Borders

so we left.

I arrived at the Safeway on Market @ Duboce at 12:05am. It was the usual midnight grocery shopping folks - no noticeable mention of the new Harry Potter book anywhere. I inquired where the books were, and I was directed to aisle 4. I waited in line in aisle 4 behind two other customers - one who was buying vegetables, and another buying some booze. I thought this was hysterical because it was so entirely different from what I had just left at Borders.


my checkout line at Safeway

I bought my copy of the book for 40% off retail, and was out the door by 12:15am.

I'm feeling very smug at the moment.

So, I just had to jot these thoughts down before I start reading my book.

I expect I'll be a hermit for the next two days.

See you on the other side!

...and now I must read...



success!

No comments: