Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Food Quirks

I've come to realize that I have a few quirks about food:
  • I don't like to eat while walking or driving.
    I find that I can't enjoy my food, and that it's a distraction from the walking or driving. I'd much rather park myself somewhere (literally, or figuratively) until I've finished eating.
  • I don't enjoy ice cream and cake together.
    I like ice cream. I like cake. I can't enjoy them as much if they are served together. Again, I think it's because having two things at the same time is distracting, and I can't enjoy them as much as I should be!
  • I do enjoy ice-cream cake!
    I can't explain this one. Maybe it's because the cake is served cold, like the ice cream, so I don't have to worry about the ice cream melting while I'm eating the cake!
  • I don't eat cereal with milk.
    I've never been able to eat a bowl of cereal with milk. It grosses me out. It's not even just because it makes the cereal soggy - I just don't like the combination. Anything dipped in milk? Blech. I do enjoy some cereals (granola, fruit-loops!) , but since I don't eat it with milk, it takes me a really long time to finish a bowl, so I just don't eat it. Sometimes I'll eat it as as a snack. :)
I'm sure there's more, but these are things that popped into my head just now.

No comments: