Friday, July 20, 2007

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows



This is it: Tonight/tomorrow morning at midnight will be the release of the 7th and final installment of the Harry Potter series.

I'm such a dork, but I am VERY excited. It's been such a neat experience to be a part of this whole craze and phenomenon. I think it'll be a very long time before another book/series has this much of an impact on so many people of all ages.

My sister and I are planning to attend a book release party late tonight before the midnight countdown. My parents will be attending one in Milpitas. My sister-in-law, Meg, in Chapel Hill (who is a HUGE fan herself) is taking her two kids (Peter & Grace), and (coincidentally) my niece, Evelyn, who just happens to be in North Carolina on vacation. I looking forward to getting the report on everyone's evenings.

I'll most likely start reading the book tonight. (Meg will probably be finished with it by the morning)

I don't have any plans for the weekend - I intend to spend it reading. :)

You've gotta love the excitement and anticipation of reading a great book for the first time.

No comments: