Friday, October 27, 2006

Make my Day

I just returned from Costco - stocking up with goodies and booze for our annual Halloween Party!

For the 2nd time in a row that I've bought liquor, I was asked for my ID.

The first time this happened (maybe 6-8 weeks ago) I was caught off-guard, and surprised.

I told the clerk, "I bet you have to ask for ID a lot, huh?"

His reply: "No, I really only ask when it's not obvious if the customer is of legal age to buy alcohol."

I happily pulled out my ID, and told him that he had completely made my day.

When it happened again today, I was once again surprised. (maybe I should buy booze more often!) I showed the clerk my ID, and she said, "Wow. You really look a lot younger!"

There's a compliment that'll stick with me for a while. :)

Thanks, Mom and Dad, for the good genes!

No comments: