Monday, October 16, 2006

The Madrid Airport

After Dick and I flew into Madrid's Barajas International Airport a couple of weeks ago, I posted in my blog that it was architecturally the most beautiful and interesting airport that we've ever seen.

We were interested in learning more about the airport, but our guidebook didn't have any info at all.

This morning, I read a news report stating that the airport had just won the award of the Royal Institute of British Architects Stirling Prize - Britain's most prestigious architecture award.

Apparently, the international terminal had only opened in February of this year.

It's no wonder that we were so taken by it!

Here are a couple of photos that I took of the airport:


the terminal that we arrived in


The Baggage Claim area

No comments: