Sunday, October 22, 2006

...and when I say "Pizza", what I really mean is "Salad".

Yesterday, Dick and I were out and about, checking out the new Westfield Mall, in the old Emporium Building. It was getting late, and I was getting hungry. I asked Dick what he felt like doing for dinner, and he suggested, "How about pizza?".

Here's the thing.

When we order "pizza" for delivery, we order from our favorite pizza restaurant, Amici's. But we really don't order much pizza.

We always order the same thing:

(2) Chilled Broccoli Salads (one for Dick's dinner, one for Trina's lunch the next day) yum.

(1/2 order) Antipasta Salad (Trina's dinner): Romaine, Tomato, Red Onion, Green Pepper, Italian Salami, Pepperoncinis, Kalamata Olives and Mozzarella. (yum-yum)

(1) Small Pepperoni Pizza. (of which we each have one slice, maybe two)

So, it cracks me up to think that when we say "Let's order in pizza", what we really mean is "Let's get Salad!".

The thing is, this is really one of our favorite meals! We both LOVE the chilled broccoli from Amici's, and their antipasta salad is one of my favorites. The pizza? Just a little something to have on the side :)

Isn't this the direct opposite of what you'd expect when ordering pizza?

we're so wierd.

No comments: