Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Mmmmm.... Panini....

I love a good panini.

My sister-in-law gave me a great sandwich/panini grill as a wedding shower gift last year. I'm embarrassed to admit that I hadn't used it until today. (D'oh!) It's been out of the box, sitting in a very accessible spot in the kitchen since late last year, and for some reason, I never used it!

That all changed today: I had some left-over tuna that Christopher had prepared for sandwiches a couple of days ago. I had a craving for a tuna-melt, and realized that I had all the means to make one! I sprayed the bread with olive oil, popped in the tuna, and added a slice of cheddar cheese.

A couple of minutes later, I had a most delicious tuna-melt panini!

Success! I have a feeling that the sandwich grill will be making many more appearances during lunchtime :)

No comments: