Monday, June 19, 2006

Hyper Achievement


One of my favorite pictures of Cheri. Circa 1988

Our entire family got together yesterday for my cousin Cheri's graduation day from Stanford.

There are 5 cousins on the Chow side of the family. Cheri is the youngest. The five of us are actually quite close, and try to get together for a "cousins dinner" once or twice a year.

Cheri graduated yesterday with a degree of Bachelor of Arts and Science in Biological Sciences and Psychology. She also graduated Phi Beta Kappa, with Distinction.

Needless to say, we're all extraordinarily proud of her. She's going to attend Stanford for one more year to complete her Masters Degree.

Which reminds me...

I realized this weekend, that after Cheri gets her Masters Degree next year, out of the 5 cousins, I'll be the only one without a Masters Degree! How's that for a generation of over-achievers?! (not to mention that cousin Kenneth is currently attending UCSF Med School)

I mentioned this to cousin Bruce at the family BBQ yesterday. He laughed, and joked that they'll all have to call me "the slow one" now. :)

No comments: