Monday, March 06, 2006

"I Wear my Sunglasses at Night"

I just came home from picking Dick up from the Caltrain station. We were listening to 95.7FM which plays music from the 70s, 80s, and current day.

So, we're driving along, and on comes Corey Hart singing Never Surrender.

Corey Hart! It put a big smile on my face! Dick had no idea what I was talking about.

I said, "You know, the I wear my sunglasses at night guy!"

To which Dick asked, "What else did this guy do?"

Well, there's this song ("Never Surrender"), "Sunglasses at Night", and my personal favorite: he did a remake of Elvis' "Can't Help Falling in Love".

Believe me, many a girl swooned over that song (including my sister, our good friend Diana, and me) in the mid-80s. I specifically remember one time when the three of us were riding in the back of an RV, on our way down to Southern Cal for a Color Guard Regional. It was in February of 1987. One of us, I think Diana, had brought a mix-tape that had that song on it. Good Times :)

I don't think I ever actually owned any of his music, but now I have to check iTunes to see what they have there....

update

Oh, yeah....

they have it.

.99 cents, baby.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Trina! You've shed light on another geeky colorguard moment!!! Yes, I admit, Corey Hart was way cool with those sunglasses...but in our defense, we were giggly, silly high school girls!