Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Big Girly-Girl Day

Simply put, today was the most girly day I've ever had in my entire life.

I have to admit that it was fun, though. :)

I got together with my Mom and Sis, had a quick lunch, and went to Alameda for my Wedding Make-Up Trial.
Yes, you read it right.
Noe Cat (that's my Xbox codename) got all dolled-up today.
It went pretty well. As most of you know, I'm not a big make-up wearer, so I was concerned about not looking like myself, or (gasp) looking like a clown. (I had enough of that in my old color guard days, thank you very much!)
I was very pleased with the results, and I think it'll do well for the day of the wedding.

After my "make-up session", we headed down to Union Square, and picked up my wedding dress from the Bridal Salon.
The dress is beautiful. I'm very happy with it.

My veil had just come in as well, so I was able to put on the whole "dog and pony show" for my Mom, sister, and Christopher.
(my Mom got a little teary!)

The dress fits pretty well, but I need to have it altered a bit, especially in the length. I swear, they make these dresses for 6'5" amazon women.

I should share a very funny little tidbit here....
The Style Name of my dress is called "Halo".
Yep, you read it right.
Noe Cat's wedding dress has the same name as one of our favorite Xbox games!
How apropos!
(and my maid-of-honor will be wearing a cute little "Ghost Recon" number, too!)

Anyhow, that's the story of the girly day.
Now I need to wash this make up off my face, and go kick some Halo-alien butt. :)

No comments: