Sunday, June 20, 2004

A lot of Chow

Wow - it turns out that 20 people, plus three girls (ages 7, 3 and 1) is indeed, "a lot of Chow"!

That was really fun. Everyone just left - which Dick then pointed out to me was "8 hours of Chow".

Boy, did we have a lot of food. Perhaps it goes with the name.... My mom brought some dim sum over for munchies. My Uncle Bill & Auntie Junie bought a fresh fruit, and veggie platter. One of my Grandmas brought over some of her famous homemade dim sum, and some other chinese goodies.

and that was just the snacks

for dinner we had BBQ chicken (that my mom brought, and Dick grilled - 3 dozen pieces!), I roasted a huge tri-tip and had potato salad (courtesy of Costco) , my Grandma made fried rice, and chinese string beans! Yum.

and then there was dessert

my Mom made 2 strawberry parfait pies (special request by my Dad) and brought a berry pie from Marie Calendar's.

You can see that my Mom and Dad really helped out a lot. I'm very grateful. They also brought about 10 folding chairs and stools so everyone could actually sit while we ate.

I think a possible highlight for me was watching "The Muppet Movie" with my nieces Evelyn (7) and Abigail (3). I simply love this movie - it's just hysterical. Dick came in to watch it with me (we ate dinner with them in the TV room) and Dick and I started to sing along with all of the songs, and recite the dialog. Who knew that Dick was such a Muppet Movie fan?!

So the house has survived two house-warming parties, and seems no worse for the wear. I think we've sufficiently warmed it now :)

No comments: