Wednesday, March 17, 2004

Laundry Euphoria

This might sound odd to most people (although I suppose most of my blog would sound odd to most people) but one of the perks of living in my condo again is the laundry room. Our washer and dryer are mere feet away from the bedroom. Doing laundry is a breeze!

To understand this, you must know that our laundry facilities at Dick's house were in the basement. Our bedroom was on the second floor (third if you include the basement as a floor). So, doing the laundry was somewhat of a chore. It was a hike to go back and forth. (not to mention that we had annual floods in the part of the basement where the washer and dryer were)

I realize this is nothing compared to not having laundry in your house at all, and having to go to a laundromat. (yes, I've done that, too). That's not fun at all, because you have to sit there to make sure that your clothes aren't stolen.

I remember that about a year ago, my friend Mykail called me from his San Diego apartment. We were both doing laundry. I told him that it was such a chore at Dick's house because of the distance to the basement, but then I realized that I shouldn't complain because he had to take his laundry out of his unit, and to the laundry room in the complex. When I apologized to him for complaining he cracked up. He's been to Dick's house before, so he knows the set up. He told me that his laundry facility was just around the corner (literally) from his front door, and much closer than mine was.

Anyway, it's not that I love to do laundry now, but I'm happy that it's just so much easier! :)

No comments: