Friday, October 10, 2003

Happy Anniversary, Mom & Dad!!

Yesterday was my parent's 36th Wedding Anniversary!!! :) (sorry, I wasn't able to post this yesterday because I spent the day with them)

Happy Anniversary Barb & Henry!
36 years! They were married when they were 19, but they first started dating at 14 (I think - Is that right, or is it 13?) The story goes: they met in junior high school, while competing against each other for student council. :)

Here's a picture of them from their first date. Aren't they cute? Hmmm... just thought of this: they would have been too young to drive, so what's the deal with the car behind them? I'll have to ask.

My dad took this whole week off for vacation, and my Mom was able to take a couple of days off as well. Yesterday, they came into the City, and we went to The Waterfront Restaurant for lunch. It was really nice - beautiful day, covered, outdoor seating, yummy salads. Plus, we had the added benefit of watching The Blue Angels practice for this weekend's Fleet Week Festivities.

We also went to check out the new Ferry Building, since they hadn't seen it yet. We picked up some Porterhouse Steaks, and some huge Heirloom Tomatoes for dinner. Came back home, (where my sister met us for dinner) and Dick fired up the grill. Delicious!

No comments: