Saturday, September 24, 2016

This morning's 12-Mile Training Walk to Sausalito


Today's Route

We took a gorgeous 12+ mile walk this morning from the Presidio in San Francisco, over the Golden Gate Bridge to Sausalito and back. It may have been the most beautiful conditions that I've ever walked over the bridge. We saw the sun rise, it was clear and warm. It was incredibly picturesque!!

We arrived to Sausalito around 9:00, and imagine my happiness when Linda discovered that the Lappert's Ice Cream shop in Sausalito was already open! We went in for a scoop of ice cream which was incredibly refreshing on what was already becoming a pretty hot day.

It heated up on our way back to San Francisco, but we still made it back by Noon.

Oh- and I wore a visor for the first time! It took some getting used to, and I probably looked pretty dorky, but I think I liked it on a warm day. It kept the sun off my face more, and I think kept me a little cooler.


Sunrise over San Francisco






Panaramic shot from the Marin side of the Golden Gate Bridge


We were a colorful crew today!


9:00am Ice Cream!


The view from the Golden Gate Bridge on the way back to San Francisco


Today's Walkmeter Stats


Today's Fitbit Stats

No comments: